Thursday, January 22, 2009

Scoble on BI Panorama/Google style

Thought it was worth drawing your attention to a recent video post by Robert Scoble.

The story of 2009? Enterprise disruption?

It's not particularly critical - really just a PR puff piece - it covers the tool's Panorama have been creating in partnership with Google. Panorama are a company to watch, Novaview - their core offering - is excellent, and they are the company that sold Microsoft the technology that became Analysis Services.

However, I'm underwhelmed by the tools they have created with Google so far, but its a start I guess, into a potentially interesting shift of BI services in the 'cloud'.

Have a watch, I'd be interested in your thoughts. I'll post a little later on why I think this in general is a big deal, but this particular tool isn't.

POD

No comments: